Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thursday Update

The visit to the Pool Shop Tuesday afternoon wasn't too good. It set me back about $35 but I am pleased to say all is now perfect. There was no chlorine in the pool. Over winter I cut the pool filter times back to about 4 hours per day. The pool filter 'creates' the chlorine which keeps the pool free from algae.

The pool also needs 'buffer' which doesn't allow the chlorine to just flash-off with sunshine. The buffer acts as a kind of sunscreen for the chlorine.

I have now reset the filter to 6 hours per day (in peak swimming time it will go to 8 hours per day) and with the buffer I added to the pool, the chlorine level is now perfect. The pool also needed another chemical. On top of that I bought a bag of salt as a backup.

When we lived in Melbourne the pool there used to cost me $35 per month! This one off payment of $35 should do the pool until Christmas at least!

The lawns were mowed yesterday and the place is looking pretty good.

Today we went around to one of Trish's friends from Quilters and I put Publisher 2007 on her computer for her. I think Trish has promised the lady I will volunteer to put their website together for them.

From there we did a quick trip to Spotlight for one of their "specials". I meandered into Trade Secret and grabbed a cotton jacket made by Driza-Bone marked down from a retail price of $180 to $30. I was delighted with my purchase.

As you can see from the photos we have had a shower of rain this afternoon. It was about 23 earlier today with a much cooler south easterly wind kicking in and blowing yesterday's warmer weather away. It was a cooler this morning so I didn't need a swim after my daily 13k bike ride.

No comments: