Monday, October 18, 2010

Long Walk For A Bike Ride

While I was filling in some time the other week I was hunting around the local K Mart and found bike tyres on special for $8 each. I grabbed a couple for you never know when you might need a new bike tyre.

Yesterday's bike ride saw a couple of magpies give me a bit of a tough time so I had my eyes 'peeled' today just in case. However it wasn't the magpies which brought me undone, it was the bike itself. I felt the back tyre was a little flat after about 6k's so I checked it. It wasn't only a little flat it was getting even flatter! I made a B-Line for home but didn't get too far! Then it was another couple of kilometres on foot wheeling the bike beside me till I was home again.

Upon my arrival at home and after a close inspection of the bike, I discovered the culprit was the back tyre. It had worn all the way through and then the tube had been punctured. I took the old tyre off and put one of the new ones on the back. New tyres don't stretch like older ones so it took a little muscle to get it on. I repaired the puncture and put it all back together again. All is OK again. I will give the magpies another run for their money tomorrow.

Also today I have collected the 1300 Community Association newsletters from where they were printed. Shortly I will drop them off so they can be sorted for delivery by volunteers. Then later this afternoon I am around to see an older couple from the Computer Club to discuss various internet connection options for them to consider.

No comments: