Saturday, October 23, 2010

Mid 20's And Glorious

Today is a splendid day with temps around the mid 20's. I have just returned from Computer Club where I was able to help a few people out and catch up with a few friends.

For a day out on Thursday, Trish and I drove about 50k's south to the northern Brisbane suburb of North Lakes. This is one of those areas just booming here in Queensland with new houses and estates coming up everywhere. As the suburb grows so too does the Shopping Centre. Trish and I had a good look round the expanded shopping centre, stretched our legs and did a little exploring. Lunch was had at the North Lakes Tavern, a steak, salad and chips along with a glass of beer or wine for $11. The meal was more than passable.

On Friday Trish went into Brisbane to attend the Craft Show. A group of them from Quilters went in by bus and had a pleasant time. Meanwhile at home it was one of those days where I just did one little job, then another and another. At the end of it I was a little tired but the lawn had been mowed, the house floors cleaned and the side pathway cleaned as well. The photo above shows the 'before' view, the one to the left the 'after' view. To soften the algae and mould I used the chlorine/water mix first. You may need to click on either photo for a larger view, then back to get to this page to really see the difference.

From there I was around to friends for Friday afternoon drinks. A very pleasant day was had by all with Trish arriving back home well after 6pm. I had the left over curry heated and waiting for her when she got there!

No comments: