Wednesday, April 01, 2015

A Soggy Easter!

And an even soggier Wednesday!  As I made my cup of coffee this morning around 6am I checked that we had around 12mls of most welcome rain overnight.

It is now 8:30 am and I have just returned from removing the 'high water' plug from the pool's skimmer box just before the pool began to overflow.

Trish offered to take a photo of me out there which I politely declined because of what I was (or more accurately wasn't) wearing!  I am pleased to say the plug has been removed allowing the water to escape more quickly!

At 7:30am this morning there were 27mls of overnight rainfall in total in the rain gauge as I emptied it. Now, just an hour later, there is another 67mls in the gauge. That is over 80mls of rainfall in around an hour!

Now just a few minutes later the rain has eased considerably which should allow much of the water to get away ..... I hope!

Rain is expected to hang around till after Easter.  This isn't god news for the Sunshine Coast as one of the state's premier holiday destinations.

I did manage a bike ride yesterday morning but not this morning.  We continue to get our heads around the fact we head off overseas for two months in around 10 days.  Our thoughts are swinging to what to pack, getting medicines ready etc.  Our day to day program has quietened off quite a deal.  Now it is more 'steady as she goes'.

We are trying not to think too much about the 14 hour flight from Brisbane to Dubai, the first leg of our trip away.

My downloading has shifted to a quieter mode.  Several series I have been getting have now been discarded, I would probably not have watched them anyway.

Trish is at Stitchers this morning and if the weather clears, I may pop around to mate's place later and help him out with some PC stuff.

My back is a little tender right now and I am trying to protect it as much as possible until it settles down following a trip to the Chiro on Monday.  It improves daily!

I have updated the rainfall chart (HERE).

No comments: