Sunday, April 12, 2015

Barcelona

I suspect it is Sunday here.  Our bodies are not sure just yet.  The clock says 10:45am but it is closer to 6pm real body time.

We have arrived safely and met the others in our tour group.  We enjoyed a meal of "tapas" all together last night.  Needless to say it was easy to get to sleep last night.  We did wake fairly early as my body was telling me I needed my anti reflux tablets around 1:30 this morning..

The hotel is great and we are taking today quietly.  We stay in Barcelona again tonight so no need to pack etc.  But tomorrow it is bags at 6 am, breakfast at 7 and in the bus by 8 to set off.

Today's breakfast was amazing in the range of foods they had.  The coffee was extremely good!

This morning we took a quick walk around the environs around the hotel.  The streets here are extremely broad with these huge areas to walk down in the middle of some of them. See the photo above. The walk helped to stretch our legs after over 20 hours in economy class in aeroplanes.

A little of my anxiety returned last night but a couple of tablets and all was fine again.

Shortly we head off on a tour of the city and again we have free time after 3pm.  We fend for ourselves for a meal later on.

It didn't take long to work out 1 Euro equates to around AUD $1-40.  Alcohol from the Supermarket isn't expensive.

My email program doesn't like me accessing emails from Europe and I was temporarily locked out of some accounts until I put in a code.  My android yahoo address wanted to send a message to my mobile phone number to re activate it.  My mobile number doesn't work in Spain! Now my yahoo address is on my phone.

Having good wifi via the hotel is handy.  Except I think it made a mistake with the Geelong Fremantle footy scores this morning, or at least I hope it has made a mistake! All our hotels on the tour have free wifi.  And there is wifi on the bus as well we are told.

We are both well but looking forward to getting ourselves into sync with the time zone

No comments: