Sunday, April 05, 2015

Drizzle Again This Morning

The dampish weather continues. Though I did plan to get up early this morning, do a bottling and then have a bike ride.  But soon after I began the bottling, the steady drizzly rain began from overcast skies.  It was quite sunny yesterday with a top in the low 30's.

Very high humidity is a feature of the weather the last few days.  The bike ride didn't happen this morning but I will hopefully give the pool a vacuum when there is a break in the weather. More showers are expected throughout the day.

We are off to a luncheon today to celebrate the 60 years of marriage between our very good neighbours, Edna and Brian.  However it should not be a long and extended lunch as I guess the family will adjourn to continue the celebrations. We will return home and watch some more of the footy on TV.

The BBQ lunch on Friday at Ian and Kerrie's was great.  I always manage to get out of the driving so I wasn't encumbered by a need to be careful with my drinking.  However it wasn't a 'huge' day for me as far as the drinks go but it was extremely enjoyable.

On Friday afternoon we did get our email from Kate saying "Skype?" which we did again via the Skype App on Trish's phone despite being out at Kerrie and Ian's home.  Some of the others popped over to where Trish was talking and said Hi as well.

Right now Kate, Arj and family are enjoying their school holidays and are in Sri Lanka for a week.

I have bought my self a new toy. It is this retractable garden hose which you can see in the photo above.  With the very small backyard as we have, this sort of thing was a handy way to just be able to pull out the hose and then have itself wind up and be put away almost on its own accord.  They have been relatively expensive to buy though and I was having problems justifying spending around a $100 on a garden hose.

This one was on special at under $40 and has a 20m length of hose.  Now I have it setup the quality of the hose itself isn't great and I wouldn't want to be regularly extending it to the full 20m.  Our little backyard is only 10m across so I reckon it will suit our needs just perfectly.

I am not sure how the harsh semi tropical sun will treat the plastics over time either!

There is plenty of footy on TV over the weekend and we are beginning to look at packing as well.

So there is plenty to keep us occupied.

Kim seems to have settled well into Perth W.A. for her new position.  She is so excited by the challenge and is looking forward to it enormously.  Kate had nowhere to leave her cat when they went overseas so Kim took it on.  We are pleased to say the cat survived the flight to Perth and is enjoying living in a house where she can now get outside again!

Kim is renting the St Kilda unit out. She and Trish had a long talk on the phone yesterday and we caught up with most of the gossip!

No comments: