Friday, April 10, 2015

What a Day

The internet went off around 8:30 this morning and still isn't back on.  I have used my phone's hotspot to get on the net now.

We are due to be collected shortly by friends and driven to Brisbane Airport (see left).  We should be there in tons of time and be able to book in and then wait for our 9pm flight.

The Community Association has had a few hassles today as well and I can only communicate via my phone email or whenever I hotspot the phone for a wireless connection. These are now someone else's problems.

Suitcases are organised, medications take up a fair bit of space at our time of life, the add on drive has been updated and stored in a safe spot for the trip.

The shed outside is locked, the garden furniture stacked and the rubbish bins sorted.  I even got around to someone's place this morning for a quick 30 minute computer update.

The pool filter has been cleaned, keys passed on to neighbours and my final chore will be turn off the power to my PC etc and the TV and other equipment in the lounge room.

Our Pay TV has gone into holiday mode and will cost us $5 per month.

Windows are still to be locked and blinds drawn.  The beer fridge has been restocked with beer and soft drink and the second car is again parked in our driveway so it looks like someone is home.

In other words we are ready to go.

And with the internet being off all today, rest assured when we return from our trip our thomfam90@intenode.on.net email address will be retired!  I have no choice but to swap providers I am afraid.

Hopefully there will be enough places where I can get internet and update the blog.

I now look forward to 14 hours to Dubai, a 3 hour lay over and a final 5 or 6 hours into Barcelona.

I will be in touch!

No comments: