Wednesday, July 02, 2014

A Tad Warmer Today

Actually, it is a fair bit warmer today.  Despite the max temperature looking at 22º or so today, at least it will feel like 22º rather than around 16º or so had the icy south westerlies still been blowing. It is quite still outside today and not a cloud to be seen.

It has been in mid single figures overnights and sometimes even down to as low as 3º or 4º.  It makes getting up around 6 am difficult when I want to watch the World Cup second soccer match on TV most mornings.  We even put the reverse cycle air conditioner on the other night for around 10 minutes or so just to take the chill off and warm the place a little.

My brother Geoff and his wife Jeannette are towing their caravan from Mitchell to St George in southern Queensland today.  After a night or so there, they will head on to Lightning Ridge in northern NSW for a few nights.  Geoff says the heater in the caravan gets a good workout most nights!

Yesterday we were both at home so we decided to go to the Dicky Beach Surf Club for lunch.  They have their monthly specials, upgrades and senior's discounts going, so for around $25 both of us enjoyed a lovely and sizable lunch.  Even the beer was a reasonable price.

I rather like it there.  The club is smaller, fairly new and parking is easy.  Most importantly it is only 10 minutes away.

I am expecting a couple of parcels in the post either today or tomorrow so I didn't venture out for a bike ride today.  Trish heads off early each Wednesday so I had to hang around home in case there was a parcel delivery.  I did bottle wash after the World Cup soccer finished while I waited.  I managed to knock the bottle washing chore over in less than an hour this morning.

Regretfully neither of the two parcels I am expecting turned up today.

One of the parcels is a replacement battery I bought on eBay for the recently reformatted Dell Laptop so I am keen to see how things go.

The other is a 'holder/cradle' for a 7" tablet for the car.  Most likely I will be driving the Ford Telstar home on our way back from Melbourne.  I can then have the tablet strategically secured and use it as a GPS and as a Music Player.

I will load the tablet up with my music, and play it via a an ear headphone while we drive the 1800 kms from Melbourne to the Sunshine Coast!

Hopefully the holder will do the job, all for $10 delivered from China!

As I mentioned last week, we are swapping our landline phone rental from Telstra to Internode.  I received a text message around 1pm on Monday saying the switch had been completed.  So we had a bit of a shock when Trish's mobile rang on Tuesday night and a neighbour told us she was unable to get through on our landline and that she had to call us on the mobile number.

So I was straight back onto Internode to lodge a 'fault'.  The landline still isn't working today.

I wasn't happy!

No comments: