Monday, July 07, 2014

A Chilly Monday

Neither Trish nor myself can recall it being so cold here for so many days in a row.  To look outside it appears just sensational but you shouldn't let looks fool you, it is a beautiful looking day outside but it is a mere 17º and a gusty freezing cold breeze is blowing.

I forced myself out for a bike ride this morning.  I left a little earlier than I would usually have gone as the second parcel (the laptop replacement battery) was most likely to arrive today.  I planned to be back home by 9 am as Trish had an appointment 'in town' at 9:30 am.  I managed 10k's in a shortened ride but it was extremely cold.

There was little or no breeze when I left home.  But it began to spring up during the ride.  It said it was 11º as I was riding along but with the wind chill factored in I guess it felt around 7º.  At least I managed a bit of a ride anyway as I did a little over 10k's.

I won't bother going tomorrow morning if there is any icy south westerly wind about!

And the second parcel (the $19 replacement battery for the laptop) did arrive, but it was delivered by the postman.  Finally a heap of replacement ink arrived by courier for the printer as well.  I managed 4 large black cartridges, 2 x cyan, 2 x magenta and 2 x blue all delivered for less than $15!

I am pleased to say the battery fits the laptop perfectly and right now it is fully charged!

I continue to do some fine-tuning on the laptop, getting it all up and ready 'just in case'.

Every now and again I like to swap the 'wallpaper' around on my PC for a bit of a change.

I go to this site (HERE), look through a few pages until I find a photo I like, click on it once, click on "Download" and then "Open with Windows Photo Viewer".  Now I click on "OK" and the photo 'opens'.

In the 'File' tab I select "Make A Copy" and then make sure it is copied to a place I know, e.g. the desktop!  Once there I put the photo into a safe place on my computer (e.g. My Pictures).  When it is there I right click on the photo file and click on "Set as desktop background".

Bingo, I have a nice new and fresh 'wallpaper (or desktop background) on my PC!

That is the current picture/wallpaper I have on my PC, top left!

No comments: