Sunday, July 06, 2014

ABC

As President of the Community Association I get to meet a few people.  One of the people that I have met is a part time presenter with Brisbane's ABC 612 radio station. His name is Phil Smith and he conducts the ABC 5 am to 9 am Saturday time slot on one of Queensland's major radio stations.

Phil has a second occupation and that is doing pastoral care work for the one of the churches at the local Unity College School here on our estate.

Phil is keen for his church based group to take on the management of the new Community Meeting Place facility being handed on to this community from the developer via the Council.  As a result we have spoken from time to time both face to face and via email.

The Community Association regularly places notices on its website regarding upcoming Church Group events when Phil requests them.

So on Thursday I get a call from the ABC in Brisbane saying they want to do a piece on new arrivals from interstate fitting in to new communities.  Phil had passed on my details to the producer.  So I did a 5 to 10 minute piece on the radio this morning!

The footy has dominated the weekend with Trish's team suffering an unexpected loss on Friday night.  Then we had two close and exciting matches yesterday and now we have another couple of good games today.  My team plays the last match of the round late this afternoon.

Drinks was huge fun on Friday.  I didn't over indulge with my home brew on Saturday as I was feeling a little 'tired'!

Computer Club was busy on Saturday.  A task I am being requested to do quite a lot is to put a 'real' start button onto Windows 8 and 8.1 computers.  This only takes a few minutes to do.  The addition of the new "Start" button makes their computer behave quite similarly to a Windows 7 or Vista machine, something which most people are very comfortable with.

The second task is people want me to remove the need to login (type their password) when starting up Windows 8 or 8.1 computers.  Go HERE if you want to give it a try.

Again this is a quick task.  I did a few email problems and some backing up of important files as well in what was a morning which was busy enough..

No comments: