Saturday, July 26, 2014

Saturday Update

Our days go from unplanned to unplanned.  What we had planned to do during the day often doesn't happen.  I had a couple of things planned for yesterday but eventually spent the whole day at Kate's.  Impromptu baby sitting or changes of mind are now the norm.

We baby sat both Thursday and Friday as Kate and Arj went through a couple of their numerous farewells.  They have another farewell today at lunchtime, then tonight we are (nearly) all meeting up from our side of the family (kids and all) for a meal and more farewells.  Also this is a birthday celebration for both Chris and Wendy.

It doesn't promise to be a late night at all so we will just wait and see what happens.  And there is a very huge footy match on TV tonight of which we may see the later stages if things go to plan.

Now I have a new GPS I thought I might jump online and tinker with updating the maps on the older one we have.  Youtube was great for this and had all of the instructions on how to do it.  Usually I would have expected to pay over $100 for map updates for the old unit.  At that cost it was easier and cheaper to buy a new one.

Anyway I 'obtained' what I thought was the correct downloads from online but they didn't look at all like what I was meant to download from what I had seen in the film clip.  I went through a different process and I think I 'may' have updated it, but then I may not have.

It now says there are two maps installed on the GPS, the original maps and the updated maps so we will just have to wait and see what shows on the GPS screen when we are near a lot of new streets and roads near our home in a week or so.

The good thing is that the GPS still seems to work OK despite me tinkering with it.

Today we 'may' be heading to Fountain Gate Shopping Centre again, we may be getting rid of some of the clothes we permanently leave in Melbourne to the Salvos, and we will be doing a spot of baby-sitting!

No comments: