Tuesday, July 08, 2014

From The Laptop

Just for a change, and to ensure I have everything setup and ready to go "just in case", I am doing this post from the reformatted Dell Laptop.  I discovered I hadn't installed a small program called "Image Resizer" so I have hastily installed it and already put it to use.

Image Resizer is a small program which resizes photos to a much smaller file size so they can be included in emails or in websites.  I am using version 2 on the laptop, version 3 gets a little more complicated.  I can right click on a photo I have taken and select Resize Pictures in the drop down menu which opens.

For the Blog I usually use "Medium" as the new size.  The full photo I have resized and used on this page above is 56kb where as the original off the camera is well over 2mb or around 2500kb.

Do a Google Search for Image Resizer and perhaps add 'Powertoy' to the search and give this free program a go.  I have installed it on lots of computers for people, especially for when they are sending photos in emails.

It said 3.7° on the thermometre this morning and I believed it was much too cold for a ride.  The sun rose into the sky and it has become a glorious day.  It is well into the low 20's and the gusty cold wind from yesterday has gone!

So at around 11:00 am I decided to jump on the bike and have my usual ride.  It was delightful as the photo shows.  Who wouldn't want to have a great ride on the bike when you see conditions like this?

When you click on the photo you will go to a larger view which is probably most likely the size the photo should be after the image resizing. 

Blogger then resizes them back down again for inclusion on the blog page and this then allows the web page to load more quickly.


No comments: