Thursday, November 21, 2013

Before The Cricket Gets Underway!

My brew eventually was 'put on' early Tuesday.  Again the vessel has failed to seal properly.  I have replaced the lid seal and the grommet which goes around the air lock but still the vessel won't seal totally.  I even gave the brew a stir to ensure it was 'working'.  Within a matter of seconds I had froth everywhere.

It won't make any difference to the brew itself, it just means I am unable to easily monitor how the brewing process is going.  I have to use the hydrometer.  It seems things should be ready to bottle on Monday.

I bottle washed yesterday so that part of the process is over as well.

I missed my bike ride on Wednesday.  As I was wheeling the bike out along the sideway I noticed a white patch on the tyre.  It turned out it was thread from the tyre's lining.  There was therefore very little between having a puncture or not.

Trish bought me a new tyre later that afternoon and I fitted it ready for Thursday's ride.

We were told about a spot in Caloundra which had Happy Hour from 4 pm followed by a $10 Parmigiana.

It sounded a good idea so we rang Kerrie and Ian who joined us and we headed off late Wednesday afternoon.  A schooner of beer and a glass of wine were $4 each.  It was delightful enjoying our drinks right beside Pumicestone Passage as the photo shows.

On our table was a pamphlet advertising the $10 dinner special.

After some time Ian and I headed up to order our $10 Parmagianas.  There was another menu which had the meal at $15 with a glass of cider.  We ordered 4 meals and were told that will be $60!  We were told the adverts on our table were out of date (despite having Nov written across them) and the meal was now $15.  We cancelled our order and told the 'manager' that what he had done was illegal as the meal was openly advertised at $10 and that we would be leaving and not coming back.

The manager re-considered his position and eventually came over to our table.  He apologized and we were given our meals at no charge!  It was a sizable serve so we enjoyed our free meal.

After a couple of drinks back at Ian's we eventually headed home around 9pm.  We sat outside for half an hour or so and enjoyed our backyard and the warm night air.  We have a fair few Christmas lights around the place so it was just delightful sitting outside.

My bike ride this morning was completed despite me not moving at 100%.  The swim afterwards was sensational. 

We should get to 30 or so today so I should slip another swim in later on during a break in the cricket.

No comments: