Monday, November 11, 2013

1 Severe Thunderstorm = 1ml of Rain!

It was all puff and whistle when we were told of an upcoming storm last night.  Here we were sitting watching the golfers go off 160k's south of us because of approaching thunderstorms.

The skies above us were getting blacker and blacker, there was some distant thunder and then down it comes, a trickle at first then turning into another trickle!  And that was it.

We must have received another overnight sprinkle as there was 1ml in gauge this morning and dirt in the pool's skimmer box where the hose from the water harvesting connector empties!

I have been on the bike the last couple of days doing my 12 or so k's and Trish spent all yesterday at the Craft Association Fair.  Though there are no concrete totals just yet the feeling is the Fair was a very successful fund raiser!

Computer Club was all busy again on Saturday and I think I was able to help a few out.

I am doing a presentation next week at Computer Club as the key speaker and President may not be able to attend.  I am first cab off the rank and I am doing a bit on Mobile phones, Phone Plans and Google accounts.

My teaching experience is that you must be solidly prepared to do anything in front of an audience.  So I use the free website facility available through Google Accounts to create a quick website.  I have put the key points of what I want to say onto the website so all I need to do next Saturday is visit the website and there is my presentation all ready to go!

You can check it out HERE.

Another freebie available through your Google Account is online documents.  I have copy/pasted the whole presentation into a Google online document.

Afterwards people who wish to revisit what I have said need only follow the link to the document and then easily print it off!

You automatically get a Google Account when you create a GMail address.  Go to Google, in the search type Google Account, and login when asked.  Go to "Dashboard" and then you will find everything you need.

You also need to associate your phone with your Google account.  When this is done you can then save all your phone contacts into your Google contacts. Even "Blogger" where I do this blog is now a part of my Google account.

It is cloudy outside right now (mid afternoon) and again we are being told to prepare for rain.  If only ....

No comments: