Thursday, November 29, 2012

Busy Morning, Plenty of Sunshine!

I was up and at it around 6:30 am this morning.  Any expected thunderstorms last night fizzled out before arriving on the Sunshine Coast.  Brisbane had some very light showers but we missed out completely.  It took around 25 minutes to top the pool up from our domestic water supply.  I had been hoping a thunderstorm would have done that for me but no luck there.

I rode over 14k's this morning.  We are expecting around 5 hot days in a row now, today being the first.  Therefore I tend to get any jobs done early in the day when it is a little cooler.

The photo sums it all up really.  I put the gazebo up this morning to give us some 'permanent' shade during the warmer days. The gazebo also adds some shade over the pool later in the afternoon.

Click on the photo for a larger view.

Then I did a bottling, you can see the empty brew keg drying out in the sunshine on the new concrete.  It doesn't take long to dry at this time of year.

When all that was done I spent around 20 minutes just soaking under the umbrella in the pool in the shade.  The pool is 27 degrees this morning so no wonder the water evaporates!  I even had a quick before bed swim last night, just to cool off before falling asleep.

Last night we watched the first four episodes of Series 2 of "The Tudors". There are 6 episodes remaining, 4 more tonight then the last two after the First Day of the Third Test from Perth tomorrow night!

No comments: