Wednesday, November 28, 2012

More Sizzle

It has been warm and sunny up here the last few days.  It is 'normal' for my morning swim after a bike ride for the pool to be around 26 degrees nowadays.  If I have another swim later on it is usually around 28 or 29 degrees.  The one downside is evaporation and as we have had no follow up rain from the couple of inches we got 10 days ago, I may need to top it up tomorrow if the promised thunderstorms do not arrive tonight.

The car is all fixed.  The sensor has been replaced and it now has new tyres all round.  It has been serviced and ready to take us to Melbourne mid December.

We had our final Community Association Committee Meeting on Monday.  Wives and husbands joined us for nibblies and drinks and we enjoyed each other's company.  We eventually arrived home before midnight.

The big drama came yesterday when the Community Association website went down. We pay all costs for the website but Stockland had not passed on a renewal notice for the bellvista.com.au domain name.  Therefore when it expired, the website ceased to exist.  Some frantic phone calls to Sydney and a quick EFT cash transfer had all well again by late yesterday afternoon.

As another hiccup, a product I ordered from China has not arrived.  I sent them off an email this morning.  It is less than $6 in value so it isn't a major drama.  I expect they will repost it or give me a refund.  Unfortunately when it does arrive we will be in Melbourne, not ideal but can't be helped.

Trish is at Stitchers today and I have 'washed' bottles ready for a bottling tomorrow.  They are predominately 'new' bottles, so only required a quick rinse.  What can take around 45 minutes took less than 10 today!  It being so hot outside, they dried quickly.

A Sewing Machine repair guy is due after lunch to look at Trish' s aging sewing machine.  I think she will get herself a new one as a "Christmas Present"! I am in the market for a 3TB external hard disk drive to back up all my movies and TV Shows.

No comments: