Friday, November 16, 2012

Today Is A Sizzler

I took the photo of our indoor weather station which 'lives' in the lounge room a few moments ago.  It gives you an idea of what is happening today with us as far as the weather is concerned.

The 38 degrees is out of the wind in the back corner of the backyard.  That is the hottest spot here at the house and out of any cooling breeze. Look how low the humidity is!  22% is extremely low for here and shows the strong wind is coming from the northwest.  Later the north easterly will blow in off the ocean and the humidity level will rise but the temperature will cool.

Click on all photos for a larger view, then on the cross (top left hand corner) to return to this page.

The heat sizzles up from the dark concrete below it. You can see all this in the photo left.

The 'sender' lives under the small wooden shelf!

But today is a great day for getting things dried on the clothesline!  The possibility of 'severe' thunderstorms exists for tomorrow Saturday and all of the South East can expect anything up to a couple of inches of rain (50mls).

A new and very large shopping centre has opened in Maroochydore.  It was built by Harvey Norman who have closed several local stores they had and now moved them into the one super shopping centre.  The centre also houses Domayne, Joyce Mayne, several furniture stores, an Apple store and several others still to open.

My hearing aid hasn't been working as well as I thought it should so I dropped it off at the shop in Mooloolaba and then headed into Maroochydore to check out the new centre.  Though not quite as big as the store in Dandenong Victoria, the new Harvey Norman store is a great size and at last gives people on the "coast" a reasonable place to check out various electrical items and closely contrast and compare them them.

I have since learned my hearing aid needs to be sent off for repair.  This is at no cost to me as a pensioner who has paid his two yearly fee of $39 for all maintenance, testing etc of both of my hearing aids.

We are keeping our Melbourne trip in the back of our minds.  This morning I put on another black ale and I sorted out the 1.25l softdrink bottles I will use.  This means when in Melbourne I can put them into recycling bins when finished and not to bring them back home with me.

I am having a 'top 'n tail' on Tuesday, the first I have had for around 5 years,  I begin the prep with a tablet Sunday afternoon but get into the liquid 'prep' Monday afternoon.

The car is being serviced on Thursday of next week, my bike is being checked over as well.  Hopefully everything will be completed 'in time' for our departure from here in mid December.  We have a dinner to attend in Berwick on Tuesday December 18th.

No comments: