Thursday, November 15, 2012

All Clear From Pest Control Company

The pest control company did a routine follow up visit this morning to confirm the recent infestations had been successfully eradicated.  It seems all is now fine.

We can have the 'barrier' around the house repaired at around $750 front and back.  That will be a job for early January after our return from Melbourne for Christmas.  This will entail drilling holes at the front and back of the house, filling them with poison and flooding the ground underneath and then plugging the holes up again.

Much of recent days have been spent enjoying the cricket on TV.  I again was most caught up with it all.  I enjoyed it very much.

I attended a meeting in a neighbouring hinterland town on Monday evening and spoke on the benefits of a Community Association.  Then I attended a meeting with Council and the developer on the future of the Land Sales Office becoming a Community Facility on Tuesday.

Trish was busy all weekend with her "Fair" for the Arts Centre Association.

We went out for a disappointing meal at a local Thai restaurant on Tuesday evening.  One of the dishes was allegedly ginger and shallots.  I think they just 'waved' the ginger over it, there wasn't much taste at all.

The days are lovely and warm, around 30 degrees but still quite cool overnight.  Last night it was down to 15 which is cool for this part of the world. The pool looks pretty good right now.

There has been minimal greening up of the lawn from the rain on the weekend.  I did mow the lawn yesterday after I had bottled my latest brew.  I reckon I got more dust than grass in the mower catcher.  I will put on another brew in the next day or so so I can take some of my "Black Ale" down to Melbourne with me.

Trish's shoulder isn't good, she will need follow up on it next year which may see her left arm in a sling for 6 weeks.  She would not be able to drive during that time.

I am due for a colonoscopy next Tuesday and I begin the "prep" for it late Sunday afternoon.  It will be good when it is all over!  We are getting ready to head south for Christmas and getting preparations underway is beginning to take up our time. 

And finally, we watched a TV series called "The Paradise" last night.  It hasn't shown here yet but I reckon it will be very popular when it does so, almost as popular as Downton Abbey I would suggest.

No comments: