Thursday, November 08, 2012

What Termites?

Another sensational day, 28 degrees, plenty of sunshine but perhaps a little windy.

My 12k bike ride got the day off to a brisk start.  Then there was the swim afterwards, the pool was around 23 or 24 degrees so just perfect for a swim.  I had someone around at 9:30 to help them set their laptop up.  All went fairly well, not too many hiccups at all.

He asked me how much I wanted for helping him out.  I said I don't accept cash but if he wanted to head up to the Caloundra Home Brew Shop and put something 'on account' for me that would be fine.  He was very happy with that and that should provide me with Christmas Drinks!

Our neighbour Brian (who just loves the movies I give him) has a son David who is a builder by trade.  David is currently working on Groote Eylandt off the Northern Territory. After a couple of months he comes home and usually pops around to his Dad's place.  He always brings his hard drive with him and I top it up with movies and TV shows.  There isn't much on TV there so the movies I provide are invaluable.

David is currently 'in town' and Brian got him to pop over and check the termite damage yesterday afternoon.  "Too easy" was his response.  He arrived here around 11 am this morning and had the two pieces of board replaced in around 20 minutes.  I had topped his hard drive up with movies and TV Shows overnight so he was happy and I was delighted.

Around 1pm Brian (an ex painter) was over with his painting gear.  With his expertise we were able to rejuvenate the paint left by our house painters 10 years ago and within an hour undercoat and then a top coat of paint had been applied.  It looks as good as new again!

People here really appreciate what you do for them and in turn they are only too happy to help out in any way in return.

The "First Cricket Test" Australia vs South Africa is on tomorrow on TV.  Guess where I will be!


No comments: