Friday, November 23, 2012

Update

The cricket starts on TV shortly for the 2nd day of the Adelaide Test so this post will be quick.

As I have said earlier, things are geared towards our car trip to Melbourne in a few weeks.  The "Check" light has come on in the car.  Cars are so 'computer' centred nowadays it could be anything,  As the car was going in for a service yesterday I got the guys to check the light out as well.  Turns out it is the fourth sensor used to check the engine emissions and to adjust fuel mix for greater fuel economy.  The sensor has stopped working properly.  A 15 minute job to install a replacement but $250 to buy the new sensor.

It goes in on Monday for the new sensor and hopefully the 2 new tyres will go on on Tuesday.

The service people also reported a rumble noise from the back of the car, most likely tyres but it could be rear wheel bearings.  I guess I will know more after the new tyres go on.

I have pretty crook ears but I have heard that sound for the last few years and just put it down to tyres.  Trish doesn't hear it.  Therefore I am 90% sure it will be tyres.

Friends Ian and Kerrie are heading to Sydney for the weekend so we went to the little Chinese in the main street for a meal together last night.  The fish with ginger and shallots was extremely tasty with enough ginger flavour, the salt and pepper calamari was as good as any we have had and the satay chicken wasn't too bad at all. This was all preceded with San Choy Bow which was a great way to start the meal. At $25 a head it was a delightful meal.

We made some inquiries regarding hokkien fried rice which they said they could do for us if we wanted.  That is a dish Trish and I will save for a trip to this restaurant on our own.

I bottled my Melbourne Black brew into Coca Cola bottles this morning ready for the trip down south.

My tummy is taking a few days to settle down after Tuesday, I guess it is because this time I am that little bit older.

No comments: