Monday, November 19, 2012

Some Murmurings

There are a few murmurings around right now, everything isn't quite plain sailing and I am off solid food for 36 hours.  Of course I am talking about my top n tail 'operation' which I am due to have tomorrow around lunch time.  I took several tablets yesterday afternoon.  I am due for several more tablets in around an hour and then at 3:30, the sachet of "Prep"!  Then the murmurings will move to become actions!

I am to live on strained "Cup Of Soup" as well as jelly for both lunch and my evening meal today!  It will be great when it is all over soon after lunch tomorrow.

We have had our first decent rain for around 4 months.  We had 22mls overnight Saturday and another 36mls last night.  The last time we had better falls than this was back in late June!

The pool is full, the gardens are watered and the lawn is returning to green albeit slowly! The bike went in for a service this morning as well because I am 'out of action' from bike riding for a day or so.

It took some time with the rain yesterday but my bottles are ready to fill with Home Brew to take down south with us. The wet weather made them difficult to get dry.

Some of the plastic "PET" bottles I have been using with my home brew are around 10 years old now and have been in constant use.  The vast majority of them no longer have their original tops, they now have Coca Cola tops which last superbly! Some are looking 'tired' and no longer new and clear.

Therefore I have decided to 'update' my bottle collection.  I have around 10 dozen plastic bottles in use, some of which are 'relatively' new.  They all have dates on them so I am going to remove all the older bottles as I go. I reckon I will have around 90 which need swapping over.

I got a $45 credit left at the Home Brew shop from someone I helped with their laptop.  I added $10 and bought 60 new bottles which I brought home this morning.

Now as I drink my beers I will toss the older bottles out and just keep the newer ones. I reckon I will need around 3 more boxes of 15 new bottles per box to completely update the collection!

Computer Club was great on Saturday.  I was able to help most people out and those I couldn't I referred onto the resident Computer Technician. 

And we had Ian and Kerrie over for drinks on Saturday afternoon which was very pleasant as well.  Their daughter is getting married in Sydney in a couple of weeks so they are making flying visit south next weekend to do the right thing and attend the Buck's and Hen's Nights.  They fly down on Friday and return Monday!

There has been plenty of One Day Domestic Cricket on TV which I have been watching. I watched the Victorians chase down 351 runs (on a small ground) yesterday afternoon and win with around 20 balls still to go.  I was an extravaganza of big hitting.

After the rain it is back to being hot and sticky today.  We are expecting low 30's and I hope the pool warms up quickly after all the rain it has taken the last couple of days.

No comments: