Friday, June 01, 2012

Wet Weekend

From what we can see online it looks like all of the east coast is in for some rain this weekend.  We had almost 40mls overnight Thursday but only a couple of mls were in the gauge this morning.  The forecast says something like showers turning to periods of rain.

Despite damp roads this morning I managed to get a bike ride in.  It isn't really pleasant with dampness all around but I had been holed up inside for too long.

Trish and I did get to the Dicky Beach Surf Club yesterday to pay our membership, $8 for 3 years 'pensioner' special.  Then we bought a $10 lunch each but as we have "Pensioner" written on our new cards we got another 20% discount.  I don't think I would order the same meal again next time.  From the Surf Club we drove to Aldi, (what else do oldies do?) where we bought a smaller deep fryer. 

This one takes less oil yet is big enough for just the two of us.

My 10 ink refills for $24 delivered for the new printer arrived this morning as well.  I still can't believe how inexpensive they were.  I usually pass on movies and TV shows to Brian over the road.  He loves them.  They bought one new black Canon refill and a black 'refilled' cartridge off me for $20.  I was almost ready to toss them out but he was more than happy with the deal.

Trish is at Quilters this morning.

I head back to the cardiologist on Monday afternoon for a summary of all the tests I have been doing.  Trish has had some feedback that there may be some news for me, nothing serious I believe.  I also get my hearing aid back from repair on Monday morning.

No comments: