Friday, June 15, 2012

Glorious Weather

It is lovely and warm in the backyard right now.  The temp gauge may be saying it is 21 degrees at 11 am but in the sun out of the wind it is glorious.  It would have been a great morning for a ride but my bike riding has been put on hold until Monday morning.  Today is the reason so many southerners hitch their vans to their 4 wheel drives and head north.

Isn't it a coincidence how the weather looks so wonderful and my angiogram turned out so successfully?  I am sure that one goes with the other.

Yesterday was spent quietly, recovering before a short shopping trip later in the afternoon.  Our corner tall lamp went 'bang' the other night.  I fixed it, I cut it into three pieces with the hack saw and put it in the rubbish bin.  We therefore needed a new lamp which we went and bought yesterday.

From there it was to the Good Guys to see what sort of a price a guy would give me on the TV I had my eye on.  Recently it was on special at Dick Smith's for $1399 while everywhere else was much dearer.  The model I am after is a Panasonic P50ST50A and they are difficult to find right now as new stock is still to arrive from overseas.

I had an online quote for $1303.50 'delivered' and used this as a bargaining tool.  I paid a deposit on one substantially cheaper than that but I have to pick it up (another $50 saving).  I know several people who have small utilities so that isn't a problem.

The downside is I have to wait until 'early July" for it to arrive at the store.  You can see more about it here.

I have encouraged quite a few people to purchase a WDTV Live Streaming Media Player.  They sell for around $130 and act as a interface between a hard disk drive and a TV.  This means it is great for watching movies and TV shows downloaded from the internet.

There is one TV series in particular which once people see then demand that I help them sort out a media player.  The series is "Mrs Brown's Boys".  I hear it is coming to Channel 7 shortly.

Everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) who sees the show just rolls around the floor in fits of laughter.  The series has just won the British TV (BAFTA) Best Sit Com award.  The language is a bit crude but it doesn't seem to offend. Put it on your "Must See" list.

Check out this film clip for a preview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA0iLtT46fY

We are heading out for a meal tonight with friends.  We have our eye on the Indian place about 3k's from here.  Makes the driving part easier for everyone.

No comments: