Friday, June 08, 2012

A Damp Friday Morning

There isn't much in the gauge this morning but the roads and pathways are wet because of a light shower which went through earlier.  So I passed on a bike ride.  I took Trish to the Tourist Info Centre yesterday which gave me the car for the morning.  I quickly checked out a product I was interested in at Aldi and went on to a mate's place to help him sort out a couple of phone and computer issues.

I then spent a little time checking out TV's.  Our old Samsung is 7 years old and it might even last longer than me.  There are so many exciting developments with technology right now with my recent health scare I thought I might just lash out. I have my eye on a Panasonic 50" Plasma model number 50ST50A.  There is little difference nowadays between Plasma and LED.  I find that nowadays you get more bang for your buck with plasma.

I picked up Trish at 1pm and after her stint at the Tourist Info Centre and we enjoyed a lunch at the local Bellvista Tavern.  They now have a reasonable $10 lunch which makes it attractive.

I have bottle washed this morning. I used warm water for the bottle washing this morning as getting them all bone dry is a bit of a challenge since the cooler weather has arrived. I didn't go for my ride so it was a good chance to get this job done early in the day.

I am now waiting for a friend from the Computer Club to arrive with his both his old and new laptops.  He wants to set everything up on the new laptop and it is easier to do it here than at the Computer Club on Saturday.


No comments: