Sunday, June 24, 2012

Cool And Overcast

We have had very cool and overcast weather here for two days now.  This is our small backyard around 10:30 am this morning.  The pool does not look inviting.

Click on the photo(s) for a larger view.

We now know 'who did it' in the TV Series "The Killing".  What we did like was that the series actually came to an 'end' and didn't leave you hanging with some small detail untold.  There won't be any more series of this show, with this case at least.  It was great TV Show, one we have enjoyed very much.  Currently we are working our way through the British TV Courtroom Series 2 of "Silk".  Aussie TV isn't too far behind on this series with episode 2 of the latest series showing just recently on the ABC.  We will get through a few more episodes after the football tonight.

We enjoyed a very good lunch at the local Tavern on Thursday with friends Ian and Kerrie.  The three or four schooners which went with it were OK too.  The Tavern is rapidly building a reputation for cheap and great food around Caloundra.  The great thing about the Tavern is we can easily walk there.  We all got together for Friday drinks as well which was great.

I have completed my BeCA duties regarding the Newsletter, I delivered 120 or so of them Friday morning.  It was actually warm walking around under beautiful blue skies doing the deliveries.

I have also discovered another 8 DVD's of Mrs Brown's Boys, the hit UK sit com about to show on Australian TV.  It will be a late night show because of the content.  The writers had previously created a series of 90 minute specials in Ireland and the DVDs follow that early series.  This means I have been busy downloading and organising screen sheets.

Our taps are all powdered coated white and are now ten years old with some of the paint chipping off them.  They look tired and need replacing.  We have checked replacements and we have decided to go with chrome.  Eventually we will swap all the taps over.  I checked out how to change them over and I decided I could probably do it but it won't be good for my back.

One guy who I meet on my bike ride is a semi retired plumber who I have previously helped out with movies and computer stuff.  He popped in the other day, saw the way I organise my media player and would like a similar system.  So it all works out OK, he swaps my couple of taps over, along with a couple of cisterns while I set up his wireless network and media player for him.

Computer club was busy again yesterday morning and I have a Computer Club member bringing her new laptop around on Wednesday.  The lady wants help on setting it up.

I have the cardiologist for an appointment tomorrow.

No comments: