Monday, June 04, 2012

5" Rain Overnight Into Sunday

The forecast was spot on!  Heavy rain hit into Saturday evening and when it eased Sunday morning we had 126 mls in the gauge. However today Monday was bright and sunny with a top around 23 degrees.  Sitting in our sheltered back corner would have been wonderful but things have been a little busy today.

I took this photo (above left) this morning on my 12k bike ride.  Click on the photo for a larger view.

With another 5" of rain the pool was well down on salt.  Another bag went in this morning and now the pool is pumping out all the chlorine it needs.  I reckon I have put in around 4 or 5 bags of salt since Christmas when usually I would have added only one bag.  Such is the rain we have had this year.

I updated the rainfall link to the right this morning and when converted shows we have had over 80" of rain already in 2012.  The annual average is around 64 inches.

I am to have an 'angiogram' on Wednesday of next week.  The "Cardiologist' stress test last week showed a possible indication of an abnormality in my heart.  Some people would be surprised to believe the cardiologist even found I had a heart!  To check it out one way or the other I am to have an angiogram on Weds 13th.  If necessary and at this stage there is no certainty one way or the other I will have a stent inserted to ensure any possible artery blockage is kept open.  It is all a little scary but this procedure will sort things out if any possible concern is detected.

Earlier today I got my repaired hearing aid back so now I am hearing on all channels.

Footy was great over the weekend with what seemed like some very ordinary and uninteresting matches being cliff hangers with surprise wins all over the place.  Both Trish and my teams had easy wins.

Later in the week you will see a 'strange' post here on the blog.  I am doing another presentation at Computer Club on Saturday about using the internet to help you with shopping.  I have already prepared it but it is still in 'draft' form and saved here at the blog site.  When I publish it later in the week it will be available for everyone to see.

Last night Trish and I watched the first of three episodes of "Hatfields and McCoys" which received bumper audiences and reviews when shown in the US last week.  I have a BeCA Meeting tonight and we will watch Episode 2 after I get home.

No comments: