Sunday, April 29, 2012

It Poured

All together this morning I have tipped a total of 110mls out of the rain gauge from the last 2 days.  The pool is full, the garden is watered and the pool chlorinator is again telling me the pool needs more salt.  You can check the rainfall figures so far for 2012 HERE.  You may need to go "Q2" to see the second quarter rainfall updates.

However the day has opened to a glorious blue sky, a top temp of 23 degrees and altogether glorious.  A little overhead cloud as I type but a much better day than yesterday.

Little other news.  I enjoyed the footy on TV yesterday.  Despite on paper being some 'ordinary games' they turned out to be a lot closer than expected making for some good viewing.

Friend Ian Eather dropped off my Community Newsletters I have to deliver around 5pm last night.  He headed home an hour or so later and there were three empty home brew bottles on the kitchen bench. It was a very pleasant 'interlude'.

More footy on TV this afternoon.

I have been wading through the TV Series Spartacus the last few nights.  I am enjoying it but there is a lot of violence in it.  It lapses into slow motion in best "Spaghetti Western" style whenever there is blood.  You see the blood fly and spread out across the screen.  It lapses into slow motion quite a bit.

I am glad I am watching it while Trish is away, it is certainly not her 'cup of tea'.

No comments: