Monday, April 09, 2012

Sensational Weather Continues

Every day is high 20's with an overnight low in the high teens. Skies are generally clear and bright blue. We did score a passing shower yesterday but all had dried up and was clear again after a few minutes. Our night out at Forty Five 51 was very nice. However I am glad we didn't pay 'full price' for the meal. The chicken seemed a bit tough to me though the entree and surrounds were marvellous. We finished up back at the home of Ian and Kerrie where we kicked on for a while.

I have been riding most mornings unless I have an early morning appointment to get to. I had to return to my Ear Nose & Throat guy Thursday morning. He described my infected ear as 'pristine' As far as he is concerned everything is fine. He described my sniffly head as a sign of the times and a problem experienced by older men! I reckon I have a head cold which has been hanging around for 'zonks'.

Plenty of footy on TV over the weekend and now we have the cricket on in the morning from the west Indies. I am out of bed around 5 am and I can watch the last couple of hours of the day's play. My footy team plays Trish's team this afternoon. Geelong has always beaten them the last couple of years whether it be by a point or a few goals. I am not so confident today. Geelong's ruck stocks are low and this means Hawthorn will most likely have first use of the ball.

I managed to put a brew on yesterday morning. Later that day we were invited out for lunch at friend's place. It was a big family get together for them but we didn't feel like outsiders. It was exceptional and we had a great time. I am pleased my beer is only mid strength.

We are invited out to a BBQ tonight but that will need to wait until the footy is all finished.

I am in for a CT Scan at 10 am tomorrow so I will need to be a little careful with my drinking this evening. The scan is to check all my airways are clear and was requested by my ENT guy.

The Computer Club was extremely busy. I do too much at the Computer Club so I have decided to cut back a bit. I find I am not enjoying it so much as I don't have a chance to mingle and swap stories with others. I am busy trying to sort out someone's email on a laptop that runs Windows XP and is 5 year's old and has never been reformatted. No wonder things won't work properly!

No comments: