Sunday, April 22, 2012

Happy In My Own World

The first week or so that Trish is down in Melbourne while I stay at home are usually OK. It is into the second week things get a little lonely. So being only 4 days in to the two weeks she will be away everything is going along fine.

My pressure cleaner decided to stop working properly so I was in need of a replacement. Aldi had them 'on special' so I grabbed one yesterday. It is much smaller and not as powerful as the other one was but it doesn't come in for a lot of use. Being small it is much easier to use and to set up.

I gave the letter box and the border stones in the front garden a clean this morning so the new unit does everything I want it to do.

Drinks on Friday was a great evening with lots of laughs and eats. There were 3 other couples there, two regular couples and 2 visitors up from Sydney to visit Ian and Kerrie. At 7:15 I headed home to watch my AFL on TV while the others stayed on to watch the Rugby League. I hear that one couple didn't leave until all the footy was over.

I am enjoying Computer Club a little more since I made a conscious effort to throttle back on trying to help everyone out. I no longer take my add on drive with all the movies and software on it and this makes things a little easier. I make it that if people want something done e.g. get a movie or have a program installed they have to come to my place to do it. That means they have to make an effort to get it rather than have it served up to them on a plate.

Meanwhile in Melbourne, Trish has sorted out the car door problems. The car is around 20 years old and everything is getting old. Even the remote control which opens the car doors requires an extra hard 'push' to get it to go. This is all she did, gave it an extra hard push and the car door locks popped open. However she does want to replace at least one of the front door locks 'just in case'.

Plenty of footy on this TV afternoon so that will be OK. Sensational day here with a top expected of 28 degrees. There was a nip in the air this morning while on my bike ride with overnight temp dropping to 16. The pool was 22.5 degrees so it wasn't a long swim in my pool!

No comments: