Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Trish Heads To Melbourne Tomorrow

We have had some showers and quite heavy rain overnight recently. I tipped 49mls out of the gauge a day or so ago and another 8 mls this morning. I managed a bike ride today but after the recent overnight rain there was considerable seepage across some of the footpaths. The pool is a little brisk for my brief post ride swim these days!

An older neighbour across the road loves the movies and TV shows I pass onto him. As I said elsewhere, I recently acquired another latest model media player. I loaned it to Brian for a week or so to see if he liked it.

He didn't like it, he just loved it. This morning we headed into Caloundra where Dick Smith did us deal at $130 which is the cheapest I have seen it for a week or so. This latest model connects to the internet, updates its firmware and even finds some of the info (movie sheets) about a film or TV show online. I prefer to make my own movie sheets which give the movie's stars, time, date of release, IMDB Score, a synopsis and all with a background shot from the movie. They look great but only work on this latest model.

So now Brian is in TV heaven watching movies and TV Series throughout the day. Some of the stuff I give him is out of sync, the lips don't move exactly with what is said and is an all too common problem with stuff from the internet. This unit has the ability to adjust the lip sync so what was unwatchable becomes perfect to watch.

Meanwhile Trish has been tidying up loose ends here prior to her tripping down to Melbourne for a fortnight. She is already fully booked for the first four or five days down there. The doors on the car we have in Melbourne aren't opening easily at the moment so it may require new or replacement front door locks. Possibly the problem is just that the batteries in the doors' remote are flat! Trish will find out soon.

We went out for tea with friends last night to a local very pleasant Chinese Restaurant. Plenty to eat, too much to drink and a lot of laughs. It was all good fun.

I was out of bed around 5:30am to catch up with the cricket live on TV from the West Indies this morning. My mouth was a little furry from the previous night's festivities.

I am settling into the office's revamped setup very easily. It seems better and there is a lot more space. The printer on top of the fridge is less than ideal but then it doesn't get used an awful lot.

No comments: