Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Farewell Fred

Good mate Fred Pereira passed away at 4:45 am today.

Fred was the major reason I decided to try my luck and play cricket at Dandenong way back in the late 60's. We became good friends and got into heaps of mischief together.

Fred then moved to around 1km from our place here on the Sunshine Coast. While visiting their house when it was under construction Fred and his wife Heather would stay with us.

Heather passed away at our home. I still vividly remember Trish administering mouth to mouth on Heather in a futile attempt to revive her.

Later Fred and I tended to drift apart but we were always mates. Fred sought a lift from me to be driven to the local airport at which I answered "No worries". I was due to drive him last Monday week.

Fred is survived by three daughters. His funeral is on Thursday at the Caloundra Catholic Church which is where Heather's ashes are.

It is a sad day!

No comments: