Monday, October 03, 2011

What A Week End

It has been a big couple of days for me, as many of you will already know, my footy team won the Grand Final on Saturday.

I managed an hour or so at Computer Club on Saturday morning before heading home around 11 am ready for the footy on TV. It was interesting to count up the empty bottles of home brew after the game. Not only did I enjoy those, but a couple (or more) whiskey and coke's finished off the night!

I continue to bike ride most mornings and the threat from swooping magpies seems to be lessening. I still have the cable ties sticking out of my helmet though ... just in case.

Today has been a bottle washing day using my revised method. It is a little quicker than the previous method and a little more expensive but uses heaps less water. I rinse the bottles in 'sanitizer' which seems to leave them a little 'wetter' than the previous method. This isn't so bad when the weather is warm but may be a hassle during the cooler months.

We have had an unseasonally strong S/W wind blowing. The pool is filled daily with shreds of palm trees and other bits of vegetation. The evaporation rate has gone through the roof too with the need to fill the pool from the water supply just to keep the level up so the filter will work. There is a faint hope of a shower later today which would be a godsend.

It is the driest time of the year up here.

The house next door is For Sale. A couple of people have been to check it out but not many. Yesterday an older lady was looking at it with her son. Trish overheard them talking about how well it would suit her. We will keep an eye out to see if a "Sold" sign goes up on the For Sale sign.

No comments: