Thursday, October 06, 2011

Trying, Trying!

The possible rain is "constipated rain". It has been cloudy and overcast for a full day now. No matter how hard it tries to rain, nothing is happening! The skies are gray and every hour or so there are a few drops of rain but then nothing!

During today's bike ride some heavy drops began to fall. I immediately postponed the rest of my bike ride and sprinted for home. The further I rode and the closer I got to the dry safety of the house, the less the raindrops fell!

The pool water level is right down so if rain doesn't fall today I will need to top it up.

Today was a bottling day. All the indicators were the brew was ready to bottle. Yesterday the hydrometer level was just below "done" and the bubbles hadn't moved in the air lock for 36 hours. All the indicators were it was time to bottle.

It was a frothy brew to bottle (which seems to indicate the brew was still 'working'). The bottling has now been completed and it is spending its 14 days just sitting before it is ready to test. After so many failures recently I was pleased when yet another brew had completed its 14 days after bottling so was ready to be tested! It was fine. It seems my crook brew problems have been solved by updating the brew barrel.

I like to buy stuff from China. I usually have a couple of little cheap gizmos somewhere or other in the mail. Delivery can take as long as 3 weeks. A couple of items arrived today which I had ordered well over 4 weeks ago, I was beginning to think they had been gobbled up in the mail somewhere. The items were a leather case and a plastic protector for the new phone.

No comments: