Monday, October 31, 2011

It Is A Very Ordinary Day!

The weather has turned 'Melbourne like' being grey overhead with a cool breeze and plenty of light showers. Yesterday was 28 degrees and just glorious, today is low 20's and miserable! The map left shows what was heading our way from the south west last night around 10 pm. By the time it got to us an hour or so later there was plenty of thunder and lightning but a only a measly 6mls of rain. It managed to put water back into the pool but not enough to fill it.

Trish had a great weekend, she and 5 other girl friends headed to Lake Coroibah north of Noosa. It was very successful for her, Monday was a quiet R&R day.

I hit the Computer Club and was as busy as usual. But I enjoyed it.

I spent Sunday on my bike ride, in the pool, a little on the computer but mostly on a chair in front of the telly watching cricket. There were heaps of runs scored but unfortunately Victoria lost out.

There is a new model of my media player out called the "WD TV Live Streaming" It retails for around $169 but several stores have it on special at $147. One of the forums I follow had people buying it for around $130+ after some haggling. Some people just told outright lies and purchased them for less than $120. I copied a couple of their receipts and took them with me to a couple of local electrical stores. After showing the guy both of my under $120 receipts he said he would check out the boss on a possible 'price match'. I told him I would be very pleased with $120! He came back, said the boss OK'ed it and I now own a new media player.

One of the guys at the Computer Club was in the market for an old second Media Player for the bedroom. I have one sitting here not being used. He wants it and will give me $35 for it. I take that off the new one I have just bought and it turns out the new one actually cost me $85.

I am happy with that!

The new model should have regularly updated firmware. It has 'built in' wireless so it easily connects to my computer in the other room and plays movie, music or photo files directly from my PC to the TV in the lounge room. Using some software I have discovered, it also accesses ABC's iView and other 'catchup TV, direct via the computer to my TV as well. The previous one also had wireless and it has gone onto Trish's TV in the 'sewing room' or second bedroom.

No comments: