Thursday, October 20, 2011

John Is At His Mum's

It has been great having a mate of mine, John Logan from Melbourne, spend a few nights with me. I collected him from Brisbane Airport mid afternoon on Tuesday and we drove the 90 or so K's north to our home. John had been allowed 10kg 'free' luggage on the flight up, unfortunately he had 12.5Kgs. He had to pay a 'late' fee of around $75 for his extra 2.5kgs above the limit.

I cooked steak for us for tea that night and we enjoyed quite a few home brew ales, possibly it could be said we enjoyed too many. Therefore Wednesday was extremely quiet, especially for yours truly! I wasn't a well boy at all.

We didn't do much, just lazed around chatted and walked down to the shops. It was a quiet and lazy sort of a day. I had to 'pinch' an hour and attend a meeting with our local MP on a community issue but the rest of the time was spent quietly (and soberly).

Fish and Chips for tea and early to bed for me was the rest of the day.

I dropped John at his Mum's place early this afternoon (Thursday). I will go back around there later today, collect them both and provide transport to and from one of the local Clubs for an evening meal. As I am driving I won't be indulging too much at all.

I will drop in sometime on Friday again and bring him back here for our last night before he flies home soon after lunch on Saturday.

It has been great for me to have him visit, especially with Trish currently in Melbourne. Trish is due home late on Tuesday.

No comments: