Monday, September 27, 2010

Car Is All Shiny Now.

Trish had a bit of a relapse which required her to head back into Caloundra on Friday afternoon. A bit more laser treatment and it seems we got in early enough and no harm has happened. She went back again Saturday for another checkup and a little more laser and all seems to be OK now.

Saturday was AFL Grand Final day. What a match it was, after 2 hours of hectic Australian rules footy the game was a draw! So back they go next Saturday afternoon and do it all again. Over 100,000 were at the game.

I did a bit of messing around with my movies on Sunday and found it took an inordinately long time to transfer a newly downloaded movie from the main PC to the external Hard drive I use. I have noticed the transfer has been a bit slower than usual lately. So eventually I downloaded everything off the drive, (this took about 4 hours) and then did a quick reformat on it. A quick reformat takes about 20 seconds, at the end it said the disk could not be reformatted! I tried a full reformat and this takes about 2 hours! Again it said the disk could not be reformatted.

This morning I tried a quick reformat on the old XP laptop and it worked OK. I decided to give it a full reformat and two hours later it had finished. After all this it still took about 3 to 4 minutes to copy a movie across a job that usually takes less than a minute. Currently I am having a go at a "Disk Repair" job on it and this is expected to take 8 hours to do.

Our car doesn't get washed too often these days. But as yesterday wasn't too hot I decided it was a good day to wash the car. The guy from over the road popped over for a chat and said he had some whiz bang car polish, did I want to give the car a polish too? Sounded good to me so the car received a polish as well as a wash. Today I decided the outside was clean, I should do the inside as well! The car looks pretty good for something which is getting towards 5 years old! And it looks like it is going to rain tomorrow!

I did about 13k's today on the bike and hit the pool for a quick swim when I got back home. I didn't think 21.7 degrees would feel that cold bit it sure did!

No comments: