Tuesday, September 07, 2010

I Bought A New TV!

Monday was spent with friend Keith Damon while Trish spent time with Keith's wife June and friend Irene. While the ladies headed to the movies Keith and I headed to a couple of electrical stores to check out a new TV for their home. Keith isn't up with the latest on modern TV's so he asked me to go with him. He is now the owner of a new 46" Samsung Series 6 LCD TV.

This model has an inbuilt "Media Player" so Keith bought a 500GB external Hard Disk Drive which is now full of movies. The TV plays movie files from an external hard disk. They are extremely pleased with their purchase! Trish and I then enjoyed a pleasant evening with them while the movie transference was completed!

Saturday ended up being a very windy and unpleasant day. We spent all afternoon with my brother and his wife at his home in Alphington along with all my family. Geoff enjoyed it very much. I had a few drinks and kept an eye on the footy match on TV, my team plays the winner this Friday night in a do or die game at the MCG. We will be home by then and I see both of the AFL matches for this weekend are live on TV. The kids loved Geoff's Tree House in his backyard.

Sunday was very much a rest and recuperation day. During the afternoon Arj and I watched his team bow out of the AFL finals series when Sydney defeated his Carlton.

This afternoon we will do a little window shopping before collecting Charlie from kindergarten later on.

We fly home on Thursday at 10:45 am so tomorrow afternoon we will head over to Chris and Wendy's for a our final night in Melbourne. Chris will drop us off at Tullamarine Thursday morning for a flight back home.

No comments: