Thursday, September 02, 2010

Survivor

We have just arrived back at Kate's from spending a couple of nights with Eddie and Patsy. I feel like we have been on our own TV episode of "Survivor". But it was all great fun. We are both looking forward to a good night's sleep.

Eddie was once a principal of the school where I taught and we have remained good friends ever since. We told the same old stories we told each other last time, we used exactly the same 'lines' we used when together last time, we drank too much and ate too much just like we did last time as well! But it was all good fun. They were great hosts and entertained us on a wet Wednesday by taking us to the Pig N Whistle hotel down at Arthur's Seat on the Mornington Peninsula. It was a very pretty spot and we spent a very pleasant hour or so there.

I had Shepherd's Pie while everyone else had soup with bread. I also enjoyed a couple of beers but at almost $5 a pot it was a little on the expensive side.

Trish and Patsy get on well together so everything was fine. Patsy wanted a little done on her PC which was a pleasure for me to do and Eddie wanted his own email address setup. Everything was achieved without too much much fuss. Now all Eddie has to do is learn how to turn the computer on!

Trish and I had checked out a couple of spots here as possibilities for us to return to live in Melbourne in a couple of year's time. There was one spot that looked just perfect but I have since discovered I can get 4GB download on Broadband for $50! I currently get 50GB download for $60. 4GB isn't anywhere near enough for me I am afraid.

We have pencilled our name in there for something in a couple of years but the internet setup will need to improve markedly for us to go ahead with it. I need to keep pinching myself and try to understand we are actually in 2010, not 1990!

Kate has spent $2400 having her central heater unit replaced! The repair bill on the other one was heading towards $1000! The main computer board had gone on it. They now have a more modern and more efficient unit installed and fully integrated into their evaporative cooling system too.

No comments: