Sunday, September 19, 2010

Overcast On Sunday

A bit of the 'same old, same old' the last few days. I ride nearly every morning and do somewhere between 12 and 14k's depending on which route I take. I tend to steer clear of places with very tall trees right now as we are in the magpie nesting season. Magpies can become very territorial during this time of the year and protect their 'space' from any intruders, especially old blokes on bikes! I have been swooped just once so far and it wasn't at all vicious as some of them can be.

Trish now drives to gym, she has a nasty magpie on her usual bike riding route to the gym so she chooses the safer form of travel.

The wind has been stronger and cooler the last few days so I haven't taken the plunge into the pool after a bike ride since earlier in the week. And it looks like my riding will be curtailed with rain forecast for the next few days right up till Wednesday. This is a shame because the three interstate cricket teams are on the "Coast" right now for pre-season matches but it isn't looking good at all on the weather front

I got my bottling done on Friday. Unfortunately my footy team had a bad night out on Friday and have been eliminated from this year's finals.

Computer Club was hectic again but I hope I was able to help people.

I managed to acquire a copy of "Office 2010 Pro" which I have installed and fully activated. Then on Saturday afternoon I went around to Tony's place and sorted out several problems on his laptop. Needless to say things didn't go easily but we got there in the finish. His 'touchpad' driver on his laptop had become corrupted and even a slightest brush would cause his screen to go crazy with letters and figures. We reinstalled the driver and all is well again now. He too has "Office 2010 Pro" on the laptop and we have applied to swap his Voip Phone plan to a more economical one.

Trish and I had lunch at a different bowls club on Thursday. A pleasant enough meal and it was great to get out.

Wet weather is forecast for the next few days so all isn't looking too flash.

No comments: