Saturday, March 01, 2008

A Bit Of Broadband Connection Speed Fun

Many people know about "Speedtest" and use this service to check their broadband 'speed'



You can easily check your broadband speed by going to http://www.speedtest.net/ as I have done here.

My broadband speed is 441kbs download and 104kbs upload on this test.

Just follow the instructions there and (I chose their 'recommended' server) see your results.

My Internet Service provider is Netspace and my ADSL plan is 512kbs download and 128kbs upload. The further you are away from the telephone exchange, the more your speed 'suffers'. We are a fair way from the exchange so our speed is a little slower than the maximum.

I notice that when we go to Melbourne and we hook into ADSL down there, my download speed is faster as the connection I access is closer to the local exchange down there.

It is a bit of fun, check your speed out and see how you go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mine was:

1038 kb/s and 322 kb/s

Does that make mine faster than yours? I'm so "not with it" that I don't know what is good or bad. Wish we had a computer club here like you go to.