Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bit Of A Blow!

The wind continues to blow a bit of a gale up here giving us some quick sharp showers. There are quite a few clouds about and the temp struggles to get into the high 20's. I took this from the King's Beach Webcam (see link on the right) and gives you an idea of what it is like beachside right now. Remember you can click on the picture for a bigger view, then on "Back" to return to this page.

But that is not the only blow we have had. Trish made a comment this morning as to whether or not I had heard a sound yesterday as the delivery truck backed up our drive to deliver the new washing machine. My cold meant my hearing was even worse than it usually is and I hadn't heard a thing. I checked the roof guttering out and saw this!

The truck appears to have hit the guttering. Trish says she noticed the truck go forward and then reverse back up the drive again. By the time I got there I was impressed on how well the driver had reversed up the drive just missing the roof! Apparently he had two goes at that, the first go had seen him nudge the guttering.

A call to the store today has seen the owner get back to me saying they would cover any costs to have it repaired and for me to chase up costs and get back to them. Can't ask much more than that can I?

No comments: