Thursday, January 15, 2015

We Remain Connected

It is certainly a lot livelier around the small Thomas household right now with Chris and his family here with us.  The pool has been sensational and you just notice the huge improvement in the kids' water confidence even in the short time they have been here.

Yesterday they went to Australia Zoo.  They saw everyone, Kerrie Irwin, Bindi and Bob Jnr all were on stage.  Chris wasn't too keen on the $170 entry for his family but 8 hours later when they arrived back home exhausted they said how much they had enjoyed it. They checked out all the animals and the various activities available across the day.


Today they have all gone to Montville (see above) which isn't my favorite place to visit.  Especially as today is a 'scorcher' with temps around the mid 30's.  And there is some humidity as well.  There are plans of the beach later on and Fish 'n Chips there for tea.  I reckon the pool may be the best plan.

I continue to fiddle with the internet connection.and th modem/routers.  Currently the old Billion doesn't seem to miss a beat.  I updated the TP-Link's firmware this morning after they had all gone to Montville and reconnected it  for a short time.  I did a download via Usenet on the TP-Link.  The download speed varied from rock solid to just OK and I began getting error messages from several of the bots (connections - you connect 15 connections at a time with Usenet).  The error messages said "Unable to contact Server".

I disconnected the TP-Link and reconnected the Billion.  I continued the same download again and it came through pretty much full speed and there weren't any error messages. So I guess I know where the problem is.

The TP-Link has a 3 year Warranty so I sent an email back to TP-Link support asking the what was my next step after updating the firmware. Hopefully I will get a brand new replacement!

I did take a few minutes to go through the TP-Link's settings and copy down mine as carefully as I could.

Every time I reconnect the TP-Link it again takes over all the local area network settings.  So I no longer can print nor can I see the media player to easily swap files across the house.  So when the TP-Link goes off, I have to go back and sort out all the devices on the network again.  Trish comes up and says she can't print her files.  A few minutes later and it is all sorted.

No comments: