Sunday, January 11, 2015

No Letup On Internet Woes

Arj has just updated his blog page in Saudi Arabia.  It is setup a little differently now as you go to this page, then click on the title of the latest blog to get the latest news.

The photo shows them on their Desert Bash they did recently when some of visiting Arjs's relatives in Abu Dabhi where they spent Christmas.

The bottles are now washed for my upcoming bottling which I will do tomorrow (Monday).

It was around 10am yesterday Saturday that the internet dropped out yet again.  I wasn't happy as you could imagine as it meant another 25 minutes waiting on the phone again to get through to "Support".  This time we tried most things all over again except for the need for me to get under the office table.

I have a third modem/router so we set it up as well but the same fault continued.  I had the adsl light shining brightly on my modem/router, but the internet connection light stayed blank.  Around half an hour later I was told the fault would be passed onto the wholesaler for attention yet again.

In the past this means another couple of hours until things are reconnected.  But this time it was almost 12 hours until we were back online!  We were 'out' most of the rest of the day so that didn't hurt too much. Hopefully the extra time prior to reconnection means they tried to really fix the problem!

I turned my PC back on around 10pm on Saturday and the wireless keyboard started doing all sorts of weird things, I couldn't type and at times when I clicked on a link I got a series of options I had never seen before.  On top of my internet woes, I now couldn't 'converse' fully with my PC because of a malfunctioning keyboard and mouse.

It was all too much for me.  I could feel the blood pressure rising and a feeling of illness began to overwhelm me.  These familiar sensations took me back to the days when I went off on leave from work because of a stress related illness.  It is not a pleasant feeling!  And just when you think that 15 years afterwards I am fully recovered, I am again reminded this is not the case!

During the afternoon we were invited to attend a birthday party at the local tavern for one of our friends up here.  It was a financial rip off with an overpriced set menu forced upon the party organizer.  I don't think we will be back there any birthday party again. The steep price meant several family members from Brisbane declined to attend, especially those families with young teenage children.  Each person was to be charged $27 for a meal!

We finished the evening back at their home where the party continued.  We were the only non-family members in attendance so we felt just a little left out at times.

But it was good fun!

It is now Sunday and I have had a very ordinary night's sleep.  I feel a little better but still not 100%.  I found by removing the batteries from the wireless keyboard had managed to 'reset' it and it began working again as it should.

The internet still remains connected.  Today will be a quiet day moving between the pool and my recliner to watch even more tennis or now soccer on TV.  I do look forward to a good night's sleep this evening.

No comments: