Monday, January 12, 2015

Better But Still Not Right

My internet connection is better but still not right.  I was speaking with Internode Support early this afternoon and the lass I was speaking with described my connection as unstable.  I continue to get dropouts but it now reconnects by itself.  Previously it would reconnect sometimes.  And when it wouldn't reconnect, then it wouldn't reconnect at all but would require a 'reset' from the wholesaler.

We are trying something 'new'.  As it seems the internet connection is more consistent, if unstable, we are currently running on one of my older modem/routers.  It is set up on another phone plug near the kitchen bench in another room.

That now means everything is connected 'wirelessly'.  The white dongle you can see in the photo is a cheap wireless adapter I bought a long time ago from China for under $10.

It is currently connecting the main PC to the internet wirelessly, via the local wireless network (LAN).

By everything being connected I now mean, our phones, the media player, my internet radio, the printer, all laptops and the main PC.  I had to go to all these things do a search of all networks they could find, select the new SSID (Wireless Network Name) and type in the password.

I will call "Support" back tomorrow and they will report on further instances of 'dropouts'.  If there are no dropouts, the culprit will be my 'new' wireless modem'!

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the problem!

No comments: