Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Cloudy, Overcast and Gloriously Cool!

It has been cloudy with intermittent light showers throughout the day today.  We have probably had around 4mls of rain.  But the temperature has struggled to get above 26º.  I did manage a quick swim this morning and it was warmer in the pool than out of it.  But then the clouds came back and it cooled off again.

We believe we are due for a delightfully cool day. Recently we have sweltered through 34º and high humidity!  At 4pm today it is a comfortable 24º. I didn't get a bike ride in this morning because of the rain showers, but I did get to bottle my latest brew. Home Brew supplies are again running at 100%.

The kids from the street outside have all gone back to school.  We don't mind the sound of them playing and enjoying themselves, it is just that little bit nicer when they are not at home.  Even the young autistic boy from next door has started 'special' school.  That gives his Mum some free time.

We celebrated Australia Day on Monday with friends around for prawns, snags, lamb chops, salads and one of Tricia's famous Pavlovas.  It all went down very well indeed.  We had our friends around who have moved house to around 5k's away.  They both enjoy their drinks but Ian spent the day on Light Beer.  I don't think he enjoyed the day as much as the rest of us.

We expect we'll be invited over to their place next but with the laws and restrictions on drink driving means that probably won't happen.

The TV remote has been battling again.  With the Australian Tennis Open Championships, the one day International Cricket, and the Asian Soccer Cup all going on right now in Australia there is heaps to watch on TV.

We have all these great movies to watch but the sport on TV means they remain quietly on the Hard Disk drive!

My internet connection remains OK but I need to reboot the modem/router several times a day to get access to the network printer and the media player.  I recently had to reboot the modem router so I could transfer the photo above from my phone to the PC via the wireless network.

I managed to bamboozle a couple of mates from computer Club who popped around to see how I downloaded my movies.  I have setup an RSS feed program which monitors all the new movies which come to their websites.  This program then filters the TV Shows I want to get so that I get when a show I want is available to download.

They were busy jotting down notes and taking photos with their phones trying to keep up.  I kept on telling them ALL the informations is here:  http://mediahowto00.blogspot.com.au/

Right now in the US there is a series on the History Channel called "Sons of Liberty".  So whenever a copy of a new episode of "Sons of Liberty" becomes available for download, I get a notification on my desktop!  The 3rd and final episode isn't available until Thursday morning our time.

No comments: