Saturday, January 17, 2015

A Hot Saturday Afternoon

It is around 34º in the backyard right now and it is a bit sticky as well.  The pool water is 31.7º so you really don't go into the water to cool off.  You do go in to escape the heat.  I have the 3m umbrella set up to give shade to the seat end of the pool and that is where I have been for the last 20 minutes.

Trish, Chris and family have gone to Brisbane for the day.  They went by train  after driving from here to Caboolture.  Caboolture is to Brisbane like Pakenham is to Melbourne. Brisbane city car-parking is described as the most expensive in Australia.

With 5 going meant all could fit into one car.  I went to computer Club instead.  It was both quiet and extremely hot there this morning!  Fortunately the attendance numbers are down so it is a leisurely couple of hours just helping out a little here and there.

Yesterday was to the beach in the morning for our visitors and our pool for the afternoon.  It was a little warmer yesterday so the beach and the pool were the spots to be.

A few nights ago we went to King's Beach for a late swim and then had fish 'n chips on the beach.  It was very pleasant as the photo above shows.  The photo was taken with my new 'cheap' $115 phone!

It has been a busy day or so for the Community Association as well.  We have a State election coming up.  I received a call from the local MP inviting me to attend a Media Release.  The two local TV News TV Stations would be there.  It was to announce the new temporary Satellite Helicopter Training Facility.  This is not new "News" and is something which has been around the 'traps' for a while.

We are still waiting for one final approval from Council before it is all signed sealed a delivered. But this doesn't matter during an election campaign!  Any good news from the State Government immediately is usurped by the "Electioneering" system and becomes swept up.  The photo shows the local MP during the TV recording.  I had just finished my bit for the TV.

There was even a bit in the local Newspaper as well.  See HERE,  I decided to watch the cricket on TV last night rather than any of the local TV News Services!

This morning I received an email from TP-Link, the manufacturers of my poor performing modem/router to begin warranty proceedings so I can get a new replacement.  I will make a couple of calls on Monday morning and see where I stand!

No comments: