Friday, January 02, 2015

Garage Cleanout

We have talked about a having a small upright freezer as possibly a good idea.  So far we have managed with 2 fridges, one with an OK freezer, the second with a smaller freezer.  However when there have been 'specials' and bulk deals at the supermarket, the first thing we would do is see what freezer space we had available.

Recently when travelling to Costco we saw so much stuff to buy that was not only a good deal and great quality but found it always came in large sizes or large helpings.  So the thought of buying a small upright freezer hit our agenda.

You are dead a long time. We thought, let's find a good enough, cheap enough smaller freezer that wasn't going to bust the bank.  The well known brands were certainly dearer but the economy lesser known brands still received great online reviews from people who had bought them and it looked like they would suit our needs.

We settled on a Hisense 176L frost free upright freezer.  According to the internet the average price was around $595.  We had to add almost $50 delivery on top of that.  The online reviews were quite positive.  I reckon if I could get away with spending a total of $600 for the freezer delivered I would have got a good deal.  The first place we visited quoted us $629 delivered and that was as low as he could go.  I said I wanted to pay $600.  "Good Luck" he said as we headed elsewhere.

The next place we checked out was a having a huge sale.  They had the same freezer for $593 delivered!  "Good Luck", I was quite happy with that price.  It is being delivered tomorrow.

Our house isn't that big and the only place it could go is in a corner of our small garage.  So a space was required!  My home brew setup had to be moved around, boxes gotten rid of, stuff off to the "Brotherhood" for sale, fishing gear was headed to the guy over the road who has a boat, and there was a general cleaning out!

All is now done!

I noticed a bit of an aroma as I moved my home brew bottles around during the garage restructure.  One box of home brew bottles was decidedly 'sloppy'.  The photo shows you why!  The base of one bottle had exploded out.  The bottle had been lifted upwards with the explosion and had punctured a hole in the lid of the polystyrene box I had them stored in!

So the brew boxes required washing and the bottles being dried and repacked.

On top of all this my new $115 phone arrived from China at 7:30 this morning!  But I have been so busy I won't get to have a real play around with it till tomorrow.  I want to be sure I had plenty of time to check it all out and set it up!  It was a job I didn't want to rush!

It has been low 30's today and quite muggy.  It has been slightly cooler than previous days.  We had a slight shower of rain this morning and for the best part of an hour afterwards it was delightfully cooler.  The pool continues to hover around 30º.

This morning's bike ride was over 15k's.

I think I need a swim after such a busy day!  And probably a nice cool drink as well!

No comments: