Friday, February 28, 2014

End Of The Week

Our night at the RSL was great fun.  We had a pretty reasonable meal for the RSL which isn't renowned for its food.  What it lacked in sophistication it made up for in quantity.  I had the Seafood Platter while Trish really enjoyed her lamb.

The company was excellent and the music was entertaining.  It was a Beach Boys tribute group and we danced and drank our way through the night.  It was either the size of my meal or the amount of dancing but I awoke Thursday feeling quite reasonable.

This was good because I was lined up to see the E.N.T guy for an ear clean which isn't the most pleasant of experiences.  I also had my new bike get its after sale 'free service'.  I can now get into 6th gear on the top range a lot more easily than before.  The brakes feel a lot better too.

In this area you have many walkers, some of whom like to walk around listening to their radios or music on their devices via earphones.  The bell I had put on the new bike was better than the one supplied but still not loud enough.  Yesterday I bought a bike bell which can be best described as "Big Ben".  Check out the photo!

It works really well.  It took some re jigging to get it to fit the chunky handlebars on this bike but it is now firmly fixed and in use.

Surprisingly the brew I put on a week ago continues to bubble away.  I was planning to bottle on Wednesday but elected to hold off for a day or so.  This morning, fully one week after putting the brew on, there remains the occasional bubble.

Friends Mick and Janet who we met years ago while caravanning, are staying several nights with us beginning tomorrow.  They both work and enjoy their annual Queensland holiday up from Newcastle.  They stay with us for three nights then head to their favourite resort on the Gold Coast for a chill out, sit back and relax.  It will be great to see them again.

It is a big few days for the Community Association as well. Though it isn't official just yet, we have learnt the old Land Sales Office, which is right on the lake, is to be renovated by Stockland (the developer) and given to the Sunshine Council as a Community Facility.  In turn the building will be passed on to the Community Association to 'manage'.  Press releases and photo shoots are being arranged for the big official announcement.  I am due for a photo at 4:30 tomorrow afternoon.

Also on Saturday there is an official opening of the new Bells Reach Land Sales Office.  Trish and I have been invited to it as well but as we have visitors, we have had to pass the duty on to another Committee Member and his wife.  Drinks and nibbles are involved with that one.

Then on Monday we have the association's first big Public Meeting for 2014.  The topic for discussion is the helicopter noise problem and we have the General Manager of the SC Airport coming to that.  He will bring everyone up to date on the latest developments on negotiating an alternative site for helicopter training purposes.

All of this is happening when we have visitors for the weekend.  I will need to keep an eye on my alcohol intake especially on Monday!

We have always had just one set of 3D glasses with our TV.  On Thursday I bought a cheap second set of glasses so last night Trish and I watched a 3D version of the Sandra Bullock movie "Gravity".  It was awesome!  You were ducking the space debris as it showered the astronauts during the movie.  I reckon this movie in particular lends itself well to 3D.

Footy on TV tonight when my team plays.  The cricket from South Africa returns to our TV screen tomorrow night.

No comments: