Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Another Year Older

My birthday has come and gone.  Yesterday was the big day but it was almost foiled by my recent purchase of a 7" tablet.  I ordered the tablet from W.A. around lunchtime Friday and surprisingly it was due for delivery sometime yesterday (Mon).

I had expected it would have taken longer than that to be delivered but come 12:30 it was in my hands.

This meant we still had time to head out for lunch.  We headed to the Mooloolaba Surf Club.  It is a really pretty spot overlooking the magnificent Mooloolaba surf beach.

The meal is best described as fairly basic pub fare but we sure weren't hungry when we left.  I had the 'Senior's Fish'.  For $15 you got your meal, an open go at the roast vegetable servery, and a schooner of beer!  The roast vegies meant you could have as much as you like.

I have had a much better meal but I have had a lot worse as well. The top photo is where we ate our meal while the other photo shows the beach itself.

Click on both photos for a larger view.

We had a quick walk along the beach and then we headed off for some shopping.

I had another media player to buy and set up for a friend of my neighbour.  Trish had some things to check out at Spotlight.

After a Vegemite Sandwich for our evening meal we watched the last 5 episodes of "The Tunnel".  We enjoyed the series very much.  It was a very good murder mystery!  That is we watched the five episodes in between phone calls from well wishers and members of the family.

To cap a great day off, we even had 11 mls of much wanted rain overnight.  Today the lawn is green again and the pool is quite full of water!  On top of this the plants have had a decent water as well. 

I just love the card I got from Trish.  I hope you get a laugh from it as well.

Tuesday was as expected after my purchases and delivery on Monday.  I had a media player to set up and then I had a new tablet to sort out.  From there we headed to the Caloundra RSL for a lunch.  The food was OK, as usual really for the local RSL.

It was a great couple of days.

The weather has been hot and very humid.  It doesn't take much to get a sweat up and a swim before settling into bed at night is a must.  Some more rain and showers are due over the next few days.  The pool was 27 degrees this morning when I enjoyed my 'after bike ride' swim.  I am about to head back to the pool right now!

1 comment:

Texas Lou said...

I enjoyed your beach pictures where you had your birthday meal. When you start the travel on the other side of 50 it is always good to have another birthday.

We are the opposite as far as humidity. The weatherman said tonight that our humidity was 11% today. We are SO dry and need rain so badly. Our main lake that is the water source for our town is at 20% capacity. We hope the city wells will hold up.

Keep on having a good "retired" life.