Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Lazy Days

Things continue to 'mozey' along quietly.  We have had a shower or two of rain, usually only a ml or 2 each day and generally sometime during the morning.  On Monday morning the rain shower arrived well after I was back from my ride.

And really there is very little to comment on.

Movies and TV shows are downloaded, processed and watched.  The pool gets cleaned most days.  We have had an easterly recently and with the new estate just a short distance away the strong wind has been giving us hassles with dust.

The Community Association  has been very busy lately.  I had a Committee Meeting to chair last night which was attended by our local Councillor.  He came in for a pretty tough time over the recent huge increase in helicopter flights overhead.  We have had around 50 complaints from residents and some very heated discussion on our Facebook page. Emails of complaint have been flying all over the place.

This piece appeared in the local Regional Newspaper today (HERE).  That was an interview I did last week.  I later last week had my photo taken with the State MP but it didn't make the paper this time.  I hear there are some possible follow up articles to come but we will wait and see.

After a Committee Meeting there is always an extensive web site follow up to do.  It is almost like I am back at work some days.  I had an elderly lady ring me yesterday almost in tears over the helicopters and their noise.  I get the feeling we are being used and pointed that out in a web article HERE from our Community Association website.

I received a letter from Hyundai late last week saying our car was in for a service recall.  A small switch needed replacing so I had that done this morning.  That is why I missed the rain today on my bike ride, I was off having the car done.

The PC has been behaving itself without a problem.  It seems reverting to the much older Nvidia driver has fixed the problem but we will give it a few more days before declaring all is well and 100% again.

But since Saturday afternoon there hasn't been a hiccup.

We have a T20 game on tonight and again tomorrow so the TV watching is sorted!

I might just give the pool a look and enjoy a cold home brew now to finish off the afternoon.

No comments: